Monday, December 21, 2009

Why has the door seal on my washing machine grown lots of mildew. How can I remove it?

It is in a constricted space at the side of the house. There is a door leading outside right next to it. We always have 2 little windows open in the area. The tumble dryer is on a shelf above it. Admittedly both machines are used a great deal. At intervals I put the hottest wash cycle on without any powder to clear machine. I have tried to get rid of stains with anti-mould spray but it is not having any effect!Why has the door seal on my washing machine grown lots of mildew. How can I remove it?
I also have a front-loading washer and my manufacturer told me NOT to close the door when the washer is empty. Just push it closed, but still open enough for air to enter. I have had my washer for 2 1/2 years and I do not have any mold. They did tell me that I could, if I didn't follow the instructions. The only way I've ever seen mold get completely gone, is with bleach. Put on some gloves and pour some bleach and rub it in with your fingertips. Rinse it VERY well before adding clothes, otherwise you are liable to ruin some clothes. Good luck!!Why has the door seal on my washing machine grown lots of mildew. How can I remove it?
you could try to scrap the stuff off
Put a small fan aimed to exhaust air out of your small windows. Use a mixture of 20% bleach to 80% water in a spray bottle and spray it directly onto the mold. You may have to do this often, but it will control the mold. You need not wipe the mold away, it will disolve on its own.
The mildew comes from bacterea in the water. The best way to (try to) remove it would be with a cleaning device that uses steam. Some toothpaste may do the trick if it hasn't been there for too long, otherwise steam is the only solution and it's still possible that some mildew will stay on...

No comments:

Post a Comment