Monday, December 21, 2009

If I wash my bath rug in the washer, will (what may be) mildew on it get in my washer? & onto future clothes?

Wash it in bleach (regular or colorsafe). The bleach will kill any mold or mildew. It will wash out in the rinse, and any particles left will be inactive, so they won't start growing on your other laundry.If I wash my bath rug in the washer, will (what may be) mildew on it get in my washer? %26amp; onto future clothes?
NO JUST USE THE KIND OF SOAP THAT HAS BLEACH IN IT YOU WILL BE FINEIf I wash my bath rug in the washer, will (what may be) mildew on it get in my washer? %26amp; onto future clothes?
take it outside and hang it over the porch rail,and hose it down.if you silll need it cleaner,put some warm soapy water on it and use a brush to scrub
Use a bit of bleach in the wash load. If your rug is a dark color or specifies no chlorine bleach, then try Clorox 2 powder. After you'ver removed the rug from the washer, take a rag with chlorine OR vinegar OR hydrogen peroxide and wipe out the washer.





If you are then still concerned about the mildew getting onto your clothes, just make sure the next load of clothes is whites that you can wash in HOT water and bleach, the recommended amount. Use a double rinse cycle if your machine has that option.





Good for you getting after these messes of life! good luck.
It can transfer to your machine. Once you are done washing, throw in a cup of white vinegar and wash on your hottest setting, this will get rid of any spores that may have made your machine their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment