Monday, December 21, 2009

How do you get rid of mildew on the rubber lining of a washing machine?

Wash it with a 50/50 mixture of warm water and bleach.How do you get rid of mildew on the rubber lining of a washing machine?
I've tried that and more and besides replacing the rubber gasket and having to pay the service call and unfortunately it will just come back, I'm screwed. My washer had a class-action lawsuit because of this same problem. Unfortunately, I have to live with it even though my machine stinks inside because of it. I wasn't aware of this lawsuit until it was too late (2005) and I paid over $950 for this POS!How do you get rid of mildew on the rubber lining of a washing machine?
spray on vodka
Buy some scrubbing bubbles soap scum remover and spray it on there. Wait for about a minute and them you should be able to wipe it right off. I use this stuff in my shower and I don't have to scrub at all. It just melts it away. Just make sure you get the one in the spray buttle and not it the can.
Have you tried clorox? Usually this will kill mildew.
Be careful with bleach solution, because if it is too strong, it can dry and/or crack seals and gaskets. A Borax solution might be worth a try. There are also some products out there for mildew problems. I've heard good things about a product called Purewash, though I've never used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment