Sunday, December 27, 2009

My 5 year old washing machine has a mildew smell when i leave the lid up.?

How can i get rid of it?My 5 year old washing machine has a mildew smell when i leave the lid up.?
Run a wash cycle using hot water and white vinegar or bleach. Do not put any clothes in there while doing this.My 5 year old washing machine has a mildew smell when i leave the lid up.?
I agree with the first answer. There is also a product called Oda Ban that could be used too. It is a natural product and some hospitals uses Oda Ban. The only place I have seen Oda Ban is Sam's Club or your local janitorial supply store. I use this product in my home. I clean houses and offices and use this product all the time. Also it is a good disinfected.
run a gallon of vingegar thru it
If you run a empty cycle with Bleach and Oxy-Clean That should do the trick!!! Once you get the smell out, leave the lid open when your not using it so the mildew doesn't come back!!!
run the wash cycle with white viniger, it works great for coffee pots also

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I must say that the information is Extremely useful and very engaging. Keep writing.Many many thanks and best of luck for your upcoming blogs.
    Pressure washing magnolia

    ReplyDelete