Sunday, December 27, 2009

If I wash clothes in bleach, that were mildewed are they safe to wear?

My work uniform was in my trunk for one week and it rained inside the trunk causing mildew on the uniform. I soaked them for 30mins and washed them in bleach. They SMELL fresh but I'm afraid to wear them again on my skin. Is it safe?If I wash clothes in bleach, that were mildewed are they safe to wear?
If you are in doubt, wash them in normal wash again. let it soak for awhile. This should remove the bleach smell and any residual bleach. Bleach in normal use would not harm. My grandma used them when I was small for stained napkins. I don't think it hurt me. I know of people who still swear that cleaning stained teacups by soaking in weak bleach solution is best.





So the choice is yours.If I wash clothes in bleach, that were mildewed are they safe to wear?
If there is one think bleach is great for it is killing mildew. That mildew is GONE. Don't worry anymore. There is not a trace of that mold or its spores on there.
why dont you just throw it out and buy new ones mold is no good!!!!!
yes
Yes, bleach is such a good sterilizer, that in very small quanities it is used to purify water to make it safe for drinking. How much bleach did you add to your wash? You might want to wash again using just water for another rinse cycle otherwise it could be itchy against your skin depending on how much bleach you added..
1 part bleach to 10 parts water will kill most any thing
Yes, bleach kills everything, there isn't any mildew left in your clothes. If you get rash it's probably from the bleach!
Yes , Safe and colorless.
The bleach should have killed all the mildew. As long as the signs of mildrew are gonw you should be ok to wear them

No comments:

Post a Comment