Monday, December 21, 2009

How often should I wash my fabric shower liner in the machine to prevent mildew? Only 2 of us take showers.?

It's supposed to resist mildew, but since I have only used plastic shower liners in the past, I don't know what special treatment this fabric one needs. I know i can't spray Lysol on it.How often should I wash my fabric shower liner in the machine to prevent mildew? Only 2 of us take showers.?
I have a fabric shower liner, and wash it every couple of months and hang it outside in the sun to dry. The bottom edge is the only place it ever starts getting mildew, but I spray it every day with a spray shower cleaner so it stays pretty clean without washing.How often should I wash my fabric shower liner in the machine to prevent mildew? Only 2 of us take showers.?
I'm not sure of the correct time to wash fabric shower liners, but I wash mine every time I wash my bed sheets.
I've never washed a shower liner in my life and have never had mildew.





Hope that helps.
Just wash it on gentle as necessary, and rub some detergent on any discolored spots.
I prefer cloth ones and I wash it once a week, but if I notice mildew, I wash it sooner. I throw mine in a hot water wash and rinse with bleach to make sure it comes clean. I don't waste time drying it since it's just gonna get wet again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment