Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I really put a shower curtain liner in the washing machine to get the mildew off?

I have no idea where I heard this - but I was wondering if it was true?





The liner is quite thin, almost like a garbage bag - I got it from a dollar store so its not like it was an investment or anything....





But boy, it would be nice to know if this was true, ha ha ;)





Thanks all


Be well


TinkCan I really put a shower curtain liner in the washing machine to get the mildew off?
I've done it for years on the gentle cycle with a little bleach. I then put it in the drying with a towel or two for a minute or two to absord the dripping and hang it back up. Just like new!Can I really put a shower curtain liner in the washing machine to get the mildew off?
You can put it in the washer, but if it's flimsy chances are it'll fall apart. Another option is to fill up a spray bottle with a little bleach and some water and spray your liner with the mixture. It'll kill the mildew and clean it at the same time, plus you don't even have to take it off the shower curtain rod. Saves time and money.
I've washed shower curtain liners in the washer with a couple of towels. The towels rub against the liner and help clean it. If yours is that thin and bought at a dollar store, I'd just replace it
I do it, it works. Sometimes you have to take it out and refold it to get the insides if you have a small washer. 2 or 3 times with bleach and some detergent works just fine.
I put my in the washer, but they are thicker than yours. I put some bleach and detergent in. I use the gentle cycle.
no u cant u buy a new one :]





theyre like $1 at the dollar store

No comments:

Post a Comment