Monday, December 21, 2009

I have mildew in my washing machine. I need to remove.?

I have to do a load of laundry for my husband this morning. Any help would be appriecatedI have mildew in my washing machine. I need to remove.?
I would actually run a load of whites through with bleach, or at least a couple of towels that you don't care about. Running it empty will kill the mildew spores, but running with with something in there will also scrub it. Then just run your regular laundry through.





I get a bit of mildew in between the gaskets on my front loader, but it doesn't affect the clothes, so I don't let it bother me. It comes out when I do my once every couple of weeks bleach load.





From now on, leave the lid on your washer up between loads if possible, since that will allow everything to dry out and mildew can't grow without some moisture.I have mildew in my washing machine. I need to remove.?
I would pour some bleach in washer and add hot water fill to highest level and run longest cycle completely through {wash%26amp;rinse cycles}. Then run rinse cycle a couple of times to make sure you get all the bleach out.
Run bleach through without clothes
There's a product called affesh that is designed for HE front loaders. It breaks up the residue built-up from detergents and lint, which is where the mold and mildew grow. It really works well. It looks like a hockey puck, and you toss one in the washer and run a cycle. That's it.





http://www.apwagner.com/affresh.html
Try just running a load full of water and bleach with no clothes inside first. Bleach kills mold and mildew.

No comments:

Post a Comment