Sunday, December 27, 2009

Accidentally left wet towels in the washer and now they are mildewed. Have washed several times...?

and they still stink. Is there any way to get them clean or do I have to get rid of them?Accidentally left wet towels in the washer and now they are mildewed. Have washed several times...?
All those answers are possibilities. The definite answer is, wash them again normally, but add about a half of a box of baking soda. You can add about a cup of vinegar to the final rinse. It'll make them nice and soft. But that has nothing to do with getting the mildew smell out. The towels will not smell like vinegar.Accidentally left wet towels in the washer and now they are mildewed. Have washed several times...?
I would wash with detergent and bleach and choose the soak option. I bleach my towels all the time and they never fade, although they aren't dark colored. White vinegar would work too. I would use about two cups of white vinegar, then wash with detergent. I also use two cups of white vinegar in an empty load about every two weeks. I think it helps my washing machine work better.
You may be able to soak them in a hot water and baking soda solution then rewash them. Even if that doesn't totally fix it, use them as floor mats for the next go round then when you wash again it should take care of it.
I agree with the use of vinegar. Wash them in water and vinegar then later in normal soap etc. and put them out in the sunshine or breeze, leave a little longer outside then you normally would.
Try a color-safe bleach. Otherwise, congratulations, you get to buy new towels and help our shaky economy.
try soaking them in Awesome. you can get it from the Dollar Store or Family Dollar
oxiclean works pretty well.
Try lemon juice if non of the above work.
I'd wash them on hot with a couple of cups of white vinegar. That should do the trick.
just a little bleach when washer fills up

No comments:

Post a Comment