Monday, December 21, 2009

Smelly Jeans? Hand Wash? Mildew Smell?

So I have this pair of mildew smell jeans, I've read from other posters that adding baking soda/vinegar into the washing machine will remove it. I'm wondering if I can hand wash the jeans and add the baking soda/vinegar so that I do not have to ruin the rest of the clothes, if I shouldn't hand wash them, will adding baking soda/vinegar to the machine ruin the rest of my clothes?Smelly Jeans? Hand Wash? Mildew Smell?
wash it by itself or if youve got towels or something that would be okay too. baking soda works like a charm.Smelly Jeans? Hand Wash? Mildew Smell?
Mix up a solution of a cup of borax powder and enough warm water to cover the jeans in a bucket. Let them sit a couple of hours. You can wash them out by hand and then wash them with the other clothes and the odor will be gone. You can use oxygen bleach diluted in a bucket with water as well and do the same thing. The oxygen bleach, like Clorox ll, forms hydrogen peroxide, so that will kill the mold and spores. When you wash them, use some liquid fabric softener and that will help deodorize them.
wash them separately on a small load. ((sighs))


FYI you can wash them regularly and with other clothes. Hot water and detergent will clean and remove the smell. Trust me I have three sports kids, they are constantly wet, muddy and filthy. the best part is they leave their clothes in piles or in the yard. We forget about them and find them much much later and they reek bad like mold. I wash them and they are fine.
Wash your jeans by themselves in the solution. Another thing you can try is liquid Febreze for the laundry. It's gotten rid of a lot of nasty smells from my kids clothes including that mildew smell.
just dontwash itwith other clothes
wash with rest it doesn't matter just wash with baking soda and rinse w/ vinegar
  • hp printer
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment