Monday, December 21, 2009

How can I get the mildew/sour smell out of my front-load washing machine?

I have had my front-load washing machine for about 8 months and it smells sour in it. Our clothes are smelling this way and it is driving me bonkers! I have tried leaving the door open when it is not being used but that doesn't seem to be helping. There has to be some way of getting the smell out and keeping it out! Please help if you know of anyway to get the smell out! Thank you so much!How can I get the mildew/sour smell out of my front-load washing machine?
I can suggest this. Run your machine on the highest setting and add a cup of bleach, do the same again but add a cup of vinegar. This will give the machine and the water pipes an good cleanHow can I get the mildew/sour smell out of my front-load washing machine?
I am so glad you asked this question as mine is doing the same thing... did you try the suggestions? did they work? Report Abuse

Baking powder or anti bacterial soap too. Keep the washer dry let the lid stay open and get it dried out don't leave any clothes inside overnight it starts the mold! Report Abuse

Great answer! Report Abuse

and don't let your husband touch it Report Abuse

Try some of the cleaning hints already posted, and you are right to always leave the door ajar. When I first got my washer, I always shut the door and it began to smell, so I never do that now. I was told by a Sears repairman to occasionally wipe the rubber seal in the front with a damp cloth. It does get stained a little and wiping it will help prevent that. And you can always call Sears Repair Depot and see if they have any advice.





gere
Run a full, empty load with a couple cups of vinegar. If you have the liquid dispensers, make sure you pour it through those as well.
Both the suggestions above are great, but I wonder if your washer is retaining water. Sometimes when a washer spins, all of the water isn't expelled. This could be the root of your problem. And if it is, anything other than getting that fixed, will be a temporary fix. Try running it through the spin cycle without anything in it.
  • hp printer
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment