Sunday, December 27, 2009

Help! I've washed our comforter twice and it still has a mildew-like stench that I can NOT get rid of.?

We have a light, goose down comforter that is very light and comfy but has a terrible smell. I've washed it twice and put it in the dryer with multiple dryer sheets but it still has a nasty smell. What can I do to get rid of the stench?Help! I've washed our comforter twice and it still has a mildew-like stench that I can NOT get rid of.?
Try adding a double dose even triple, of fabric softener in.


Does your machine smell of mildew?


The problem may be your washer.


Before washing your comforter, try white vinegar in a cycle and then wash your comforter.


Down does carry a stinky smell when wet then dried.


After we wash ours, I spray it with Frebreeze a few times, and it eventually goes away.Help! I've washed our comforter twice and it still has a mildew-like stench that I can NOT get rid of.?
get a bottle of mildew remover like scrubbing bubbles or something and add half the bottle when you wash it!!! it wont bleach it and will smell great
Simple: let it sit in the tub. Make sure its hot water. Then pour baking powder and scrub it a little and then faster but not too fast and then make sure the door is closed. Add the vinegar and there you go!
put it in the washer and fill with water and add about 1 cup of baking soda and let it sit for a couple of hours........ then wash as usual
you can bleach it and the get a duvet cover if it isn't white now. or try vinegar in the wter and dry it thoroughly. or take it to a dry cleaner and tell them about the smell
Get it dry cleaned....


I have gotten my goose down comforter dry cleaned a couple of times.


I think any place will do it for like under $20.





Look into it....
I would try washing it again but let it soak first for


about an hour after putting a scant cup of baking


soda in the water. Baking soda removes oders


in refrigerators, carpets etc. so it's worth a try and


will not harm your comforter...





Good luck
Add 1 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash. Vinegar kills mildew/mold, and deodorizes. The vinegar smell dissipates as it dries.
See if a cleaners can get the smell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment