Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pressure washing home with mold and mildew.?

Need just a little bit of help.





When I pressure wash my home I just use water with no chemicals or anything like that, and it always comes out looking very nice. I do not have any mold or mildew problems. The pressure of the water on the siding is more than enough. But, I would like to do my mothers home with the same type of siding, but she has green blotches of mold and mildew bad on 2 sides. I am not thinking that water will be good enough.





Is there something that is very safe for plants that I can apply and let sit and then pressure wash as normal ? ? ???





Any advice ? I would like to make mom happy.Pressure washing home with mold and mildew.?
I use a solution of Lysol 4 in 1 solvent and water in a garden sprayer. Spray it on the siding in 20' squares and power spray it off right after. Doesn't hurt plants or animals and removes mold and bird drops. Play with the strength of the mix until the results are achieved.Pressure washing home with mold and mildew.?
I like your idea of water only.


The mold is feeding on the dirt on the siding not the siding itself.


Pressure washing is usually sufficient.


You may have to do the job every few years but poisons are not necessary.


Chlorine is one of the most poisonous chemicals in the world and breaks down into even worse compounds.


Just because something is familiar to us does not mean it is safe.


The plants and animals in the garden will like the water, I doubt they would appreciate the chlorine bleach.
I always use a bleach solution and it works great. A 1:10 ratio will be plenty strong enough and not hurt the siding. However, if she has a lot of sensitive plants at the base of the walls - they may be damaged although with the ration I noted above, it has never been a problem for me.
We used oxyclean for the same problem and it worked great and did no harm to the plants around the area.
just mix 1 cup of Clorox to a gal of water it will do the job and not harm the plants
we had same problem we used viniger and water it did the job

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It is very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike so many other blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact, after reading, I shared it with my friends and everyone liked it!
    Pressure washing 77355

    ReplyDelete